- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 6 cups gluten free chicken stock
- ½ cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Parsley for garnish – optional
- Lemon zest for garnish - optional
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or soup pan set over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the rice, reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs until they are very smooth. Add the lemon juice and whisk. Add 1 cup of the hot broth to the egg mixture and whisk. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to the soup, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes to heat up the chicken.
- Take the soup off the heat and whisk in the egg-lemon mixture, adding the egg mixture slowly while whisking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon zest if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.