- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded & sliced into "steaks"
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .25oz fresh thyme leaves minced
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Parchment paper or a silicone mat
- 3 ounces about ½ c finely shredded/grated parmesan cheese
Optional (if serving as a main course):
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice quinoa or chickpea pasta
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 additional Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 475*
- Preparation tip: Use a vegetable peeler to peel whole squash. Then, slice off top & bottom & scoop out seeds. Stand upright to slice into half inch "steaks"
- Drizzle prepared squash with olive oil & spices. Spread evenly onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicone mat & pop into the oven for 22 minutes, or until a fork slides out smoothly.
- If preparing pasta, bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta & cook according to package directions. Drain & return to pan, toss with lemon juice, olive oil & salt.
- Sprinkle roasted squash hot out of the oven with parmesan & pop back into the oven for 3 minutes. Serve parmesan squash over pasta as a main, or share as a side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.
No Previous Post