For the Falafel:
- 1 onion quartered
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 cans chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 c unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 3/4 c chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- parchment paper
For the bowls:
- 1 bunch radishes trimmed & sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion sliced thin
- 1 c pitted Sicilian or mixed olives sliced in half
- 1 English cucumber sliced thin
- 1 pint cherry tomato sliced in half
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 6-8oz container prepared hummus
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Put the onion & garlic in a good processor and pulse until chopped. Add remaining fallafel ingredients; puree until you have a smooth-ish consistency!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1/4 size measuring cup, scoop heaping portions of batter onto lined baking sheet. You will get 12-15 fallafel, depending on how big you scoop!
- Sprinkle fallafel with sesame seeds and gently pat down with your fingers into patties. Pop into the oven for 20 minutes.
- While fallafel bakes, prepare bowl(s). Divide ingredients evenly into (4) containers for easy grab & go throughout the week OR into one large bowl/platter for serving.
- Add 3-4 fallafel patties + a generous scoop of hummus into each bowl, or serve it all family style to share!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.