What You’ll Need:
- 2 c brown rice chickpea or quinoa pasta
- 1 summer squash any variety, quartered & sliced thin
- 1 pint mushrooms any variety, sliced
- 1 purple onion chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomato
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- parchment paper
- 1 5-7oz bag baby spinach
- 1 5-7oz jar pesto*
- OPTIONAL: crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Spread veggies onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with about half of the pesto, salt & pepper & pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta (use a pot bigger than you need—you’ll need that water later!) & cook according to package instructions.
- Place spinach in a large colander & set in the sink.
- Drain cooked pasta SLOWLY over spinach to flash steam. Return spinach & pasta to pot & toss with remaining prepared pesto.
- Divide pasta into (2) serving bowls. Top with roasted veggies & crushed red pepper if desired.
*If allergens are a concern, check ingredient label to ensure the variety you choose is free of soy and egg ingredients.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.