For the crust:
- Gluten free non-stick cooking spray
- 1½ cups gluten free gingersnap cookie crumbs or other cookie crumbs – from 3 cups cookies, ground up
- 6 tablespoons dairy free butter melted
For the filling:
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder OR tapioca starch
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Dairy free whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with gluten free non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cookie crumbs with the melted dairy free butter and mix well. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pie pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with ¼ cup of the coconut milk until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan combine the remaining coconut milk with the sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook and whisk until the mixture thickens, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to low and add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and salt, whisking well. Take off the heat and whisk in the vanilla. Spoon the mixture into the pie crust and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pumpkin to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Can be made 2-3 days ahead.
- Serve with dairy free whipped cream if desired!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.