- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 1½ pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 12 large cage free pastured eggs lightly beaten
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese crumbled or cut into small pieces
- Remove the casings from the chorizo and place in a 12 inch nonstick, oven-proof skillet. Cook over medium heat until the sausage is fully cooked and has rendered its fat. With a slotted spoon, remove the cooked sausage and drain on paper towels.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet, add the potatoes and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for ten minutes, gently stirring occasionally. You want the potatoes to cook through but not brown, if they start to brown, reduce the heat. Add the onions and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onions are soft and the potatoes are fork tender and just starting to brown.
- Reduce heat to low, pour in the chorizo, the beaten eggs and goat cheese and gently pull the edges of the egg mixture to the center as it cooks so that any uncooked eggs run underneath.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Once the eggs are set around the edges and the mixture looks mostly cooked, place the skillet under the broiler for 2 – 3 minutes or until the eggs are fully set and the tortilla is golden and slightly puffed.
- Run a dinner knife around the edges of the tortilla to loosen it and slide onto a serving plate or cutting bard. The tortilla can be served hot, warm, at room temperature, or cold.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!