What You’ll Need:
For the salad:
- 1 bunch fresh red or golden beets roasted & sliced OR a package prepared beets from produce section
- Parchment paper
- 1/2 pound baby spinach
- 4 oz log soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp PURE maple syrup
- 1 shallot
- pinch sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- If roasting beets, preheat oven to 400*.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Remove beets from greens, rub with olive oil & sea salt.
- Place whole beets in lined baking dish & cook for about 40 minutes, or until a fork slides out smoothly. Just like baking a potato! (You can do this up to 5 days ahead of time).
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for dressing in a food processor or small blender. Puree until creamy.
- Divide salad ingredients equally between (2) large plates or into 1 large serving bowl.
- Toss with dressing just before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.