- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 medium white or yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 0.5 jalapeño pepper deveined seeded, and minced
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 0.5 15- ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 0.25 cup Creamy or No-Stir Sunbutter
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- Kosher or fine sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 5-7oz bag baby spinach
- 1 1/4 c dry rice
- Combine rice with 2 1/2 c lightly salted water in a saucepan or rice cooker & cook according to package instructions.
- While rice cooks, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potato and curry powder and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, Sunbutter, chicken broth, and cayenne. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add the turkey, cover the pan and cook until the chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spinach and serve hot over rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.