Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp
Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp Recipe
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces gluten free spaghetti
- 6 ounces large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil use divided
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoons butter for dairy free omit the butter or use dairy free butter substitute
- 1 cloves garlic minced
- 1 organic lemons zested and juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, stirring often as it cooks to keep it from sticking. Reserve about 1 cup of the starchy cooking liquid, drain the pasta and rinse with hot water.
- Place the shrimp on a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat and spread in an even layer. Roast in the oven for 6 – 8 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Do not over-cook.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil and the butter over medium heat until the butter melts. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the pasta to the pan along with the zest and juice of the lemons, the parsley and red pepper flakes. Stir in some of the reserved pasta cooking water until saucy. Add the shrimp and toss. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.