- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 8-ounce box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Spaghetti, broken into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 ounces gluten free Spanish chorizo casing removed and finely diced
- 1 garlic cloves minced
- 0.25 cup dry white wine
- 0.5 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 0.25 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 0.5 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 0.5 pound large shrimp cleaned tails on or off
- 0.5 cup frozen peas unthawed
- Juice of 1 lemon plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1/3 bunch fresh parsley leaves roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broken spaghetti and cook, stirring, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add the paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and chicken broth. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the shrimp and peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the spaghetti has absorbed most of the liquid and is tender, and the shrimp are cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice and parsley and stir. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed. Serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.