What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 purple onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium red potatoes cubed
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4 c veggie broth
- 2 c filtered water
- 1 5-7oz box/1 bag spinach
- 2 small or 1 large summer squash sliced
- ½ c frozen peas
- .5oz fresh basil chopped
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 ounce-ish cheddar cheese shredded
- Heat oil in a large soup pot. Add onion & garlic, sauté until aromatic.
- Add potatoes, carrot, stock, water & spinach. Bring a boil, reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in zucchini, peas & basil. Turn off heat & cover.
- Meanwhile, turn on oven broiler & prepare quesadillas;
- Arrange tortillas on a cookie sheet. Top each with 1-2 Tbsp cheddar. Pop onto the top oven rack for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fold tortillas in half.
- Serve 1 quesadilla with each bowl of soup!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.