What You’ll Need:
For the dressing:
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ c olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
For the salad:
- 1 c dried lentils
- 2 fresh peaches pitted & diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ ounce fresh basil chopped
- ½ bunch green onion chopped
- Cover lentils generously with water (think like you’re cookng pasta). Add a pinch of salt& bring to a boil and then simmer until tender (about 15 minutes).
- While lentils cook, whisk together dressing in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Combine salad ingredients into that same large bowl. Drain & rinse cooked lentils with cool water. Toss everything with dressing at the bottom of the bowl. Boo-yah.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.