What You’ll Need:
- 1 ½ c brown rice chickpea or quinoa pasta
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thin
- 1 yellow summer squash or zuchinni quartered & sliced thin
- 2 portabello mushrooms stems removed & sliced thin
- 2 to matoes chopped
- ½ purple onion chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c shredded carrot about 2 large carrots, shredded
- ½ ounce fresh basil about ½ c
- 1 additional Tbsp olive oil
- OPTIONAL: crushed red pepper
- Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta & cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta cooks, combine garlic, squash, mushroom tomato & onion with olive oil, salt & pepper. Sauté until aromatic & the squash are tender. (about 5 minutes)
- Drain cooked pasta. Toss with cooked veggies, shredded carrot, basil, additional olive oil, carrots & herbs. Top with crushed red pepper if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.